GOODWILL MESSAGE TO THE PEOPLE OF BAUCHI STATE BY HIS EXCELLENCY, SEN. BALA ABDULKADIR MOHAMMED CON THE EXECUTIVE GOVERNOR OF BAUCHI STATE ON THE OCCASION OF THE 2021 CHRISTMAS CELEBRATION ON SATURDAY 25th DECEMBER, 2021
My Fellow Citizens of Bauchi State.
Glory be to God Almighty for sparing our lives to witness this year’s Christmas. I wish to join millions of Nigerians in congratulating our Christian brothers and sisters on this year’s Christmas celebration.
As you all know, Christmas is an annual event that marks the birth of Jesus Christ who paid the supreme price in order to save the lives of his disciples and followers.
2. As you celebrate Christmas, it is with great pleasure that I, on behalf of myself, the government and the entire people of Bauchi State, extend my warm and sincere message of goodwill. Jesus Christ had throughout his lifetime preached peace, honesty, love for one another and above all the fear of God. It is these virtues that people irrespective of their religious belief are enjoined to imbibe and put into practice.
3. While we celebrate the event with meditation and happiness, we should also reflect seriously on our routine and spiritual deeds in the last one year and pray to God for better and prosperous years ahead. I wish to use this opportunity to reiterate my call for mutual respect and peaceful co-existence among our citizenry. We should learn to live with one another harmoniously irrespective of our political, cultural and religious differences. We should also imbibe the spirit of love and forgiveness. The Christmas period should also be used to strengthen existing friendships and establish new ones. To this end, I call on Christians in particular to exchange visits among themselves and adherents of other faiths during the Christmas period.
4 The primary objective of any responsible Government is to ensure security of lives and property of its citizens. To this end, the Government is collaborating with security agencies to address real and perceived threats to the security of lives and property of the citizenry. Pursuant to this, the Government is providing logistics and other support to the security Agencies for effective and efficient operation.
5. The provision of infrastructural facilities is aimed at stabilizing and strengthening the economic status of the State to become one of the States that has a strong economic base in the country. We are ready to provide the political will that will lead us to the promised land. The Kaura Economic Empowerment Programme (KEEP) has been launched in nearly half the Local Governments in the State. The programme is aimed at taking the majority of the people of the State out of poverty.
6. Government is aware of all your support since its inception, that is why it is striving as much as possible to reciprocate the gesture by embarking on policies and programmes that have direct bearing on the lives of the people. The provision of infrastructure and social amenities by the Government is an on-going programme. With your continued support and understanding, all nooks and crannies of the State would benefit from the programme.
7. While wishing you a merry Christmas, I pray that the occasion will be observed peacefully. May the God Almighty continue to guide and protect us, Amen.